Wisdom from the mind of the great inventor, Thomas Alva Edison:
- Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
- To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
- To have a great idea, have a lot of them.
- The chief function of the body is to carry the brain around.
- Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That’s not the place to become discouraged.
- The best thinking has been done in solitude. The worst has been done in turmoil.
- I find my greatest pleasure, and so my reward, in the work that precedes what the world calls success.
- The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will instruct his patient in the care of the human frame, in diet, and the cause and prevention of disease.